When those adorable puppy dog eyes meet yours, we know how tempting it can be to share a few bites of your dinner with your faithful sidekick. You’d be hard pressed to find a dog that doesn’t love table scraps, but sometimes the things they are begging for can make them very sick or even be fatal. We’ve compiled a list of some common household foods, plants and products that can be dangerous to your pets’ health. Visit our website to learn more and print our pamphlet.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR DOG INGESTS SOMETHING POISONOUS
- Remove your dog from the area.
- Check to make sure that your pet is safe (breathing and behaving normally)
- Collect a sample of the material, including the packaging or container and save it – you will need that information when consulting a vet or emergency hotline
- Do NOT give home antidotes
- Do NOT induce vomiting without consulting a veterinarian or emergency help hotline
- Get Help! Call your veterinarian or the Animal Poison Control Center